Hi

This is my current ambient / noise rack

ModularGrid Rack

The A-143-4 does alot of the modulation with Beads doing both granular and VCO. Endless Processor for external instruments / tape-lopps etc. It's simple but very effective and versatile

What should I fit into the 20HP?

Make Noise Morphagene

Just a spontanous thought :D

Greetings

Chris

Is that not a little too close to Beads?

depends on how you use it.
I have both next to each other and think they compliment well as a combo for granular clouds and glitches.
But its a matter of taste.
Beads can do much stuff other modules can do, but I think mostly you can not apply all these functions at once.
I use Morphagene to sample and mangle my modular sounds live, which adds some tape glich and beatslicing - and send it into Beads to add more texture and ambient clouds.
I like Morphagene because it´s very hands on.

Where is the noise in your fx / noise rack?
Maybe add a nice noise source?

-Intelijell Sealegs could be intersting for you.
Delay / reverb with saturation and noise

or
-Qu-bit Nautilus
-Make Noise Mimeophon

Maybe drop that Echoez?
Maybe a smaller and more vesetaile LFO like Batumi or Ochd+Expander?

Do you need the Cosmix?

Greetings

Chris

Check "Befaco Noise Plethora" for noise

combined with a "Befaco Percall" you can do nice rhyhtmic noise patterns

Greetings

Chris

I should clarify 'noise'. I don't mean pink / white etc. I mean off specific pitch and sequences. For me this generally happens by overloading modulation to the point of breakup.

I use the Echoz and the A-143-4 because I already own them, like them and don't have unlimited budget to spend. Morphagene looks good but I'd really want to try one out for a time before committing to £500

Cosmix has always been really handy as being able to mix sources and mute immediately is very useful in love performacces. It also has the drive feature which significantly warms up and boosts the output sound

I'll check out Nautilus and mimephon :-)

just an idea... what about a Qu-Bit Data Bender? its becoming cliche, but I love the way Ive seen some YTubers utilize it.

that leaves 6 hp... an ochd and 2 hp mult to fill the rest

Ok Cool, I'll check that out. I have to say I did another patch session last night with this rack and it's really really versatile. I put a synth into the Endless Processor to build some unusual pads and then fed it into one channel of Beads, the fed the other channel of Beads through Echoz and WASP, all modulated by the Doepfer. I was there for a good hour in blissed out reverb washes, and that's what it's all about isn't it?